Racing in Saltsjöbaden
KSSS has its office and a large part of its training activities In Saltsjöbaden. Baggensfjärden offers a great sailing arena that is extremely accessible.
When you come to Saltsjöbaden to participate in a regatta you should bear in mind the following:
- The harbour area is small, always moor your boat at the assigned place
- Do not leave your boat in the harbour after a regatta if you are not a member who has paid the training fees
- KSSS has a crane that can lift 3000 kg, KSSS staff can assist with boat launching with the help of the crane
- There is a ramp for boat launching from a trailer in the harbour area. Remember to take a trailer lock with you and to park your trailer at the allotted place
- Cars can be parked in the vicinity of KSSS in the public car park. Parking is prohibited in the harbour area
- Out on Baggensfjärden please observe that there can be heavy traffic on the water with leisure boats on their way to and from the archipelago during certain periods.
At the premises of KSSS you have access to changing rooms, toilets, showers and saunas. At certain regattas there is even a café for sailors, spectators and race officials. Information regarding the cafés opening hours can be found under the respective regatta.
KSSS has an agreement with the Grand Hotel Saltsjöbaden where participants of the KSSS regattas are offered accommodation at discounted prices. Please phone +46 8 506 170 00 for reservations. For more information click here on www.grandsaltsjobaden.se
In the KSSS Sjövillan there are also a limited number of sleeping places, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. Price: 250 SEK/night/ person.
For more accommodation alternatives click here on www.nacka.se.
From the E4 drive on the 222 road towards Gustavsberg. Take the exit for Saltsjöbaden. At the traffic lights in Saltsjöbaden, drive straight ahead and follow the signs for the KSSS regatta. Maps and more information can be found here www.hitta.se.
From Slussen in Stockholm go towards Saltsjöbanan, for the current timetable go to www.sl.se. Travel to the final stop of "Saltsjöbaden", which lies just 100 metres from KSSS. The journey takes approx. 30 minutes.
Welcome to Saltsjöbaden and Baggensfjärden!