The basis of KSSS operations is regattas, training, camps and marinas. We conduct training in the locations of Saltsjöbaden and Djursholm. During the summer, there are sailing camps at Lökholmen at Sandhamn and confirmation camps at Långholmen at Ljusterö. We also arrange leadership and coaching training, as well as sailing schools in Saltsjöbaden and Djursholm. For adults there is sailing in Saltsjöbaden and for families we have cruising activities throughout the summer. KSSS also has marinas at Sandhamn. Lökholemn abd Saltsijöbaden. Below you can read more about the benefits of a KSSS membership.
KSSS Membership 2019/20
• Priority registration for KSSS camps.
• Opportunity to register in our KSSS USA scholorship program.
• Free ’try sailing’ actvitives
• Invitation to the KSSS Christmas ’glögg’ mingle.
• Invitation to the KSSS yearly meeting on 12 February 2020.
• Invitation to activities at the starting weekend of the Round Gotland Race in Stockholm. (25th – 28th June 2020).
• Invitation to KSSS Club Championships in October 2020.
• Invitations to boat and sailing activities throughout the year.
Discount and benefits
• Access to the KSSS marinas on Sandhamn, Trollsundet on Lökholmen, Telegrafholmen and Saltsjöbaden.
• Priority to the ‘drop in queue’ at Sandhamn marina. KSSS membership cards must be presented upon arrival. (arrival before 17.00).
• Benefits from reciprocal international yacht clubs such as NYC New York Yacht Club, KDY Copenhagen, NJK Helsinki and KNS Oslo.
• Offers and discounts from our Official clothing partner Helly Hansen via their webshop.
• Discounts with our boat insurance company partner Svenska Sjö.
• 2 for 1 entry into the Allt for Sjön boat trade show in Stockholm. (March 2020).
• 4 issues every year of the KSSS members magazine, KSSS Aktuellt.
• Issue of the KSSS yearbook
• Opportunity to rent the unique KSSS club conference and party facility, Klubbarnas Klubb in Djurgården.
• Opportunity to rent boat winter storage/yard space/dock space at the KSSS marinas in Saltsjöbaden and Hundudden.
• 15% discount on boat docking at KSSS marina in Saltsjöbaden.
• 20% discount at the Max Ström bookshop in Sandhamn.
KSSS Members with a registered boat receive:
• KSSS burgee
• Free docking for 5 days in Sandhamn, Lökholmen and Saltsjöbaden, after these days normal rates apply and depends upon peak/off peak availability and rates. The boat must be crewed.
• Free docking at Lökholmen before the 31st May and after 30 August.
Rent KSSS facilities:
KSSS members have the opportunity to rent the facilities at Lökholmen, Sandhamn, Telegrafholmen and Saltsjöbaden. Contact [email protected] for further details.
KSSS in partnership with Captains offers for purchase KSSS branded clothing, beanies and burgees and Helly Hansen clothing, either through visiting their shop location at Kommendörsgatan 26 in Stockholm or via KSSS Medlemsshop.
Round Gotland Race 2020:
KSSS largest regatta opens its event area on Thursday 25th June with exhibitors, family area, stage performances, interesting seminars and of course public access to the competing yachts docks. The KSSS tent and staff welcomes members to come down and take part of the event. On Sunday 28th June approximately 250 boats start the race initially sailing through the inner Stockholm archipelago and towards Gotland. Once going rounding the island, the yachts head for the finish in Sandhamn.
Camps, sailing schools and Racing 2020:
Further updated information on camps, training, sailing schools and regattas can be found on the ksss.se website.