Regattas in Sandhamn
Sandhamn is one of the best regatta areas in Sweden and KSSS organizes both W/L races as well as offshore races here. Sandön is a beautiful island in the Stockholm archipelago with lots of charm and in the harbour in Sandhamn there are often lots of boats both tourists and racers. At Lökholmen and at Telegrafholmen, situated just opposite Sandhamn there are also visiting harbours.
When racing in Sandhamn you should think of:
- The harbour masters meet their guests and assign a mooring. Follow their instructions and be aware that the harbour masters now and then can have a lot of boats to take care of at the same time. This could mean that you have to wait for your turn.
- Use as little water as possible .
- For information about accommodation, restaurants and shops go to www.destinationsandhamn.se.
- There is a petrol station in Sandhamn.
- In the marinas at Sandhamn, Lökholmen and Telegrafholmen there are locker rooms, showers and toilets. At Lökholmen and Telegrafholmen there are also saunas.
- Participating boats do not pay harbour fee during the regatta.
- Tenderboats to participating boats pay 50% of the harbour fee during the regatta,
Welcome to Sandhamn, Lökholmen and Telegrafholmen